Friday, June 29, 2007

Pregnancy Induced Allergies

In hoping this helps someone else find relief: Monday, I had seen some relief from the allergies and then they came back with a vengence. Ugh!

I had ordered Quercetin and Bromelain and a homeopathic remedy Friday and they got here Tuesday. I am taking two of the Q&B every meal and the homeopathic every 3-4 hours while awake. At night, I started taking a store brand of Claritan with Sudafed. By Wednesday afternoon, I could tell some improvement. (Quercetin helps regulate the histamine in your body. Bromelain helps the Quercetin to be absorbed. Bromelain is found in fresh pineapple. Processing kills it, so you need to eat it fresh.)

Wednesday night, Clint found some Hylands ear drops at Walmart and brought those home for me to try. These treat congestion as well as pain. By Thursday evening, I was breathing fairly freely and had some minor pressure on my ears with one of the other being clear off and on.

This morning, I woke up with no fluid in my ears at all!! It was so nice after THREE solid weeks of pressure!! With the heat, the congestion and ear pressure has just made me miserable. Then, I started gagging again and that forced fluid back up into the right ear. I am hoping it clears up quickly though. I'll keep doing this a few more days and see how it works.

Once Emily is here, I expect the allergies to clear up within a day or two as the pregnancy hormones leave my system. They did with Amanda. They were a bother when I was expecting Bethany, but not as bad. This has been the worst I've had to deal with them, but I think it is the time of the year and stage in the pregnancy.

Brandon and Amanda have tried the allergy drops under their tongue when their sinuses have been congested. Both have experienced noticeable results almost immediately.

2Samuel 7:22 Wherefore thou art great, O LORD God: for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.