Thursday, September 18, 2008

Heard at Contentment Acres #2

For this to make sense, you need to read the post below entitled Heard at Contentment Acres.

Yesterday was Joshua's (9) and Bethany's (5) birthdays. On your birthday at Contentment Acres, you are free from doing any chores, but you must do your school work. Freeing the family member from chores allows the birthday person to enjoy an extra bonus for their birthday while the others get the opportunity to be the hands and feet of Christ by joyfully serving the loved one.

So, yesterday, Bethany and Joshua finished with their school work and were off to enjoy computer time. Caleb was bored stiff. He does not care for the computer and his best buddies were occupied. I was relieved when he asked to go outside because he finally settled on something to do.

About half an hour later, I thought he had found an activity to get plenty of exercise because he came running to me smelling of sweat, the outdoors and excitement just like an active little boy should. Then he told me what he was up to....

"Mom, I laid down on the ground real still for a long time and the vultures started circling over me. I think I can catch one!!"