Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I Had to Stay Flat

yesterday, but I benefited from the rest. Monday night was very, very bad and it scared Joshua when he suddenly ran in and saw me. The look on his face bothered me more than being sick. I told him sometimes Mom gets "knocked down" by the HG, but God has always blessed me with the ability to get back up again. The BH contractions stopped, btw.

I am not sure how I will be feeling for Thanksgiving. I asked Brandon and Amanda if they wanted to skip the meal, have store bought or cook it themselves. They both said they want to cook it with my supervision. So, if I can not get on my feet and do it myself, that is what will happen.

FEMA is sending an engineer to the house tomorrow at 10 a.m. to take measurements for the plan they will develop to raise the house. Clint is going to be here to meet him. I am very thankful I do not have to deal with it! They will then draw up the plans (2 week time frame), take bids from contractors (21 day process) and then come back to us to propose the timeline and elevation. We will sign papers and then have 21 days to move everything we need out. The engineer said it looks like they will start in March which will be good weather wise.

I was very ill when Clint told me about the next phase of the elevation on Monday evening. I have to tell you I found it very overwhelming. There is so much to work out and plan for that I just can't take it all in right now with the pregnancy, holidays, homeschool plans, etc. Of course, if FEMA keeps to their normal routine, they will come out tomorrow and then we will not see them for another year! I have a feeling this adventure will be a great opportunity to share God's love and for us to grow closer as a family.

We have been asked three times in the last week what we have done to the house lately. We stopped all work when I found out I was pregnant. That is the reason it is taking us so long to finish the work. I've been blessed to be pregnant four times since the hurricane. I can't see dealing with tools, work and messes on top of everything else when I do not know how I will be feeling one day to the next for 40 weeks at a stretch.

Please pray for our friend of several years named Audrey. She has a muscle degeneration disease and is having more bad days than good according to her husband Thomas. The doctors are trying different medications to see if that helps her any but so far there has been little help from the drugs.

Please keep Luke in prayer as the cold and flu season comes upon us. He is at higher risk for illness and we are asking God to keep him healthy and out of the hospital.
Psalm 119:18 Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.