Friday, December 19, 2008

Hospitality

I had hard contractions until about 6 a.m. Then, I finally was able to drift off to sleep. Clint had told the children to let me rest as long as I needed.

I woke up at 11 and Amanda came to tell me the engineer (FEMA) was here and had locked his keys out of his truck. Brandon was keeping him company in the rain under our little awning by the front door!! I was horrified! I grabbed a quick shower, threw on yesterday's clothes (wrinkles) and asked him to come in the house. I brushed my wet hair in front of him....didn't want to make him wait any longer.

I thought he had been out there for hours, but Brandon said it was only about half an hour since he finished the job and locked his keys in the truck. So maybe we didn't do too bad on the hospitality.

*********
Please keep Luke in your prayers. He's in the hospital with possible pneumonia.