Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Around Here

Today, we've been doing as much of the weekend house work and yard work as we can in preparation for company and our Bull's Eye Bold weekend.

On the 2nd, Emily will turn 3. I am planning her cake and party. I am thinking PRINCESS! I am going to make another attempt at potty training her. I had her almost trained and then she regressed because of Hannah. She does like going to the potty in the travel trailer though. I might take a weekend and spend it out there with her. I have to say the toilet in the travel trailer is the perfect size for her!

I spent some of yesterday and this morning capping herbs for Clint and I. I love working with the herbs. I know their potency and freshness because I have seen, smelled and touched the bulk herb. While I've been taking them, I've not been as consistent in taking supplements so I am going to make a better effort at it. Hannah is still nursing and my body needs that support.

About buying your herbs in bulk: If I see light touching herbs, I know they have not been stored properly. The herb companies I use ship their herbs in dark plastic bags to keep the light out. They should be stored that way on the shelf too. I store mine in quart sized canning jars in dark cabinets. Heat, moisture and light are enemies of medicinal herbs.

The shuttle bus is in the shop with a bad bank of solenoids in the transmission. Now, I have no idea what that means and I had to Google solenoid to make sure I was spelling it correctly. It is still under warranty. The mechanic said a defective bank comes out of the parts manufacturer ever so often and this should fix it. We have to wait a week for the part to arrive.

We are still working out arrangements to take the cow back to the farm to be bred. Clint has made a lot of inroads in getting the cow to trust him. She walk right up to him to eat out of his hand now. The calf is still skittish from it's escape, but I will keep working with her.

I know the days get long and hard sometimes, fellow mothers. Keep looking to the Lord for strength and help. When you are discouraged, put on praise and worship music. Renew your mind! It's not housework, it's making your home a clean and comfortable place for those entrusted to your care. Motherhood done properly can be the farthest reaching ministry you will ever do. I don't want you to just exist as a mother and wife. I want to see you thrive and shine!!



Psalms 5:11-12 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.