Saturday, July 03, 2010

Emily Turned 3!!!


The moment she first saw her cake!

When I asked her what she wanted for her birthday, she said "Um, Hello Kitty, My Little Pony, Clifford and my cake!" Hello Kitty and My Little Pony were easy requests to fill. We looked in Target, Walmart, 2 Kmarts, Dollar General, Toys R Us and a few thrift stores for Clifford.....nuttin'!! Clint checked another thrift store on his way home and found a like new Clifford storybook for .25! She was tickled with it! Good thinking Daddy!


Daddy helped her blow out the candles. I can not tell you how many times she asked me if I was going to bake her a cake for her birthday! Little ones are so much fun!


Emily is wirling in her favorite dress after her party.



The cake was simple enough to make, but turned out to be very difficult. My middle's fingers found my cake decorating supplies and I was missing bags, tips and etc. On top of that, we had a hard time locating the cake pan Emily requested for her birthday. Thanks to Brandon and Clint, it arrived at the house around noon yesterday (the day of her party)! Brandon and Clint had to make trips to the store to get the tips I needed. Amanda mixed up the frosting. It was a comedy of errors, but our Family Team conquered each obstacle to reach our goal. Emily LOVED her party and her gifts. Thank you to everyone who made it a special day!!!
Posted by Picasa