Thursday, December 30, 2010

An Update

Thank you to everyone who has asked how we are doing. We appreciate the cards, calls, e-mails, etc. I can not tell you how very blessed Clint and I are to know such caring people. We feel very loved and we appreciate you. People see the difference in our group of friends and often ask us where we found so many wonderful people.

When you take the time to encourage others, to show them love and concern, you are being the hands and feet of Christ. I know it is hard to wonder what to say to someone who is going through a hard time. Never hold back from doing good or showing kindness. Far too often we let loose with the mean due to our injured pride and hold back on showing kindness for fear of saying something wrong. We have a choice to either shine light or cast darkness on others. God tells us to ignore our pride and to reach out to others. One of the most touching things said to me recently was from a male friend I have known since childhood who showed his concern with awkward, but genuine words. It wasn't a Hallmark card, but his beautiful heart shown through those words. It was his heartfelt concern that touched me. I am thankful to know so many humble people with big hearts.

While I have read the e-mails, I am not up to answering all of them. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate them. I have not felt like talking on the phone either. Physically, I am still waiting on the baby to pass. It has taken my body up to 6 weeks before. There is a comfort in knowing my body has fought so hard to hold on to our children. I would rather do this naturally. This is my fourth miscarriage and I am aware of what to look for as far as complications go. If I think there is any problem at all, I will go to the ER. Emotionally, Clint and I are sad. Mentally, I am trying to focus on figuring out the new homeschool schedule. We took 6 weeks off for the holidays, and with all that happened it has been a blessing. It is time to get back into a full schedule, and it will be a busy one. Spiritually, I am reminding myself of all of the blessings God has given me and praising Him for those.

Prayer requests are that God will continue to heal our and our children's hearts....that my body will release the baby so we can move forward...that there will be no complications. Thank you to those who asked how they could pray with us.

I can not tell you how many people have written to us to say they have found a new direction in their thinking through our sharing about enemies. While I can't honestly say I am glad someone showed hateful thoughts towards my family, I can say I am glad God is working through it. One person is changing their life and considering a relationship with Christ. We have heard some heartbreaking stories and some amazing stories of reconciliation. You just never know how God will use the things in your life.


For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12