Wednesday, February 23, 2011

More Pictures and Some Thoughts

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=278853&id=518109810&l=0fcbc747b3

From what I understand, this link should give you access to the rest of the photos. If it does not work, drop me a line at contentmentacres@yahoo.com and I will try to make it work for you.

There were so many amazing things that happened, I'd be at a loss to share all of them. Just know God's perfect timing in many ways kept us safe and spared our home.

Many of our friends feel this is spiritual warfare. I can tell you I have seen good fruit develop in my family through the trials we have been through. Big trials keep coming while big blessings keep happening! I know God is doing something special. I just don't know what. We will not be discouraged from sharing God's amazing love. We will not stop proclaiming Him at every opportunity. We will not stop teaching our children about who He is, how much He loves us, how little He requires (Matthew 11:30), or how to praise Him through good times and bad. In fact, we will be more diligent about it. He is worthy to be praised!

While we do not know who, we do know this fire was set by an adult. The insurance fire investigator, a deputy and firemen agreed with us on this.

It is another opportunity to love and forgive our enemies. That is a very difficult thing to do when they could have killed our children and destroyed our home. That back corner of the house I pointed out in the photo, where the flames were nearly touching? That is where Brandon lays his head. My middle children were SCREAMING in fear when they saw the size of the fire. We lost property Clint worked hard for, and insurance will not replace all of it. Our animals died a horrible death.

I know that with God's power, I can and will forgive this person. I am able to pray for their soul, but... I have frighteningly fierce Mother Bear tendencies that would be extremely difficult to control if the person was standing before me. God is big enough to give me the power to forgive this person. I just have to let Him do that work. I will...in time. I am not proud of the things I have said or thought, but that's me. I am fallible. I will let you down and disappoint you. It's Christ Who has the perfect love. I'm struggling with this one, but I am committed to do what is right because it is the right thing to do ...in every situation. God is a much fiercer parent. He protects and avenges His own.

I do not believe the person set out to burn down my barn or cause my family harm. Maybe I am naive, but I don't believe it. There are plenty of abandoned homes they could have easily accessed, but they chose an abandoned lot. There's a brand new, never lived in home right down the road. I believe they thought the brush fire could be controlled like in previous years. It wasn't. If our community is dealing with a monster, they will continue to light fires like they have in the past. If it's just a person wanting a little excitement, they will count the cost and find other ways to find excitement. At either rate, God has this tremendous love for them and wants to heal them.

I hope one day, after I get a handle on this thing, they come to me and say "Wendy, I am sorry. I am the one who lit the fire that burned down your barn. I didn't mean to cause all that happened. I wanted you to know I know Christ now." I know I'll be able to hug them and welcome them into my home.


Romans 12: 19-21 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.