Thursday, March 03, 2011

Clean Up


Before


After

I merely wrote "Farm Bureau Clint," who handles the clean up and rebuild aspect, and told him we were having trouble with the calf getting into the pile. I expected to hear from him within a few days. Within in hours, he had an estimate prepared. We accepted it. Then he called Ann, the adjuster, and she put a check into the computer the same day. The Farm Bureau home office then printed and mailed it. Within 48 hours, we had a check for the clean up in our hands.

We had already removed all of the large pieces ourselves. All that was left to do by time we got the check is in the picture above. My Clint has reserved a bobcat for the weekend to scoop up the metal and glass laden soil.

Me: "Wow, we have so much to go find and replace while the insurance claim is open."
Amanda: "Yeah, but we get to go SHOPPING! SHOPPING, MOM! We'll be SHOPPING!"
Amanda loves to shop; I don't. However, I LOVE spending time with my eldest daughter. There are blessings hidden all through this "disaster." God is so good!

Isaiah 55:8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Posted by Picasa