Friday, March 30, 2012

Daff-O-Deels

 Daff-o-deels is how Amanda pronounced daffodils when she was two years old.
 My children and I planted over 250 bulbs in the fall. We plan to plant more together each year.
 I like the delicate folds and tiny white tips on this one.

Growing up, my family called these flowers "Buttercups." Buttercup is my paternal grandmother's nickname. She had a hand painted name plaque with yellow daffodils that said "Buttercup's Kitchen" on it. I always think of her when I see these flowers.

 Psalm 145:1-9 Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever. Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable. One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts. I will speak of the glorious honor of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works. And men shall speak of the might of thy terrible acts: and I will declare thy greatness. They shall abundantly utter the memory of thy great goodness, and shall sing of thy righteousness. The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.