Saturday, March 31, 2012

Hyacinth, Phlox, Some Border Plant

 Someone threw this border plant away. I grabbed it from the community mulch pile a few years ago, and it is slowly taking over the flowerbed. I am not sure what it is called. If you do, send me an email and let me know. contentmentacres@yahoo.com
 This is what is left of a hyacinth. My little girls are attracted to the tiny flowers!
 A tiny bit of phlox was growing at our home when we bought it 17 years ago. A few years ago, I decided to try to save what was left. Today, we have quite a bit of it growing in several places.
Again, my two littlest girls are very attracted to the hyacinths. I had 12 bulbs planted, but Emily and Hannah beat me to all of them!

 fringe edges
I am trying to get pictures of them because I know they will be gone too soon.

 Isaiah 40:6b-8 All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.