Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Kitchen Storage Containers I Love!

These work so well with bulk cooking! 

If you are a large family, you know the smaller food storage containers in the boxed sets usually go unused for food storage. While I have found uses for those smaller containers, I also can recycle containers to do the same jobs for the crafts, fasteners, etc I store in them. I prefer to save my money where I can, so I looked for better buys for food storage containers. I have tried finding a single person or couple to trade the many small bowls for their unused larger bowls, but haven't found anyone.

The Rubbermaid Space Saving Square Containers with the snap on lid come in sets of two in sizes of 2 quart, 4 quart, 6 quart, and 8 quart. The Cold Food Pan has a lid that sits flush but does not snap on. The size I currently use with those is 1/6. The cold food pans are relatively new to me, but I like them so far.

The Rubbermaid Space Saving Square Containers are much more durable than any other type of container I have tried and the price is comparable to the large single containers you buy off the shelf. We have been using them for over 10 years and have yet to break one. They hold a lot of food, are clear so I can see exactly what is in them, and have measurements on the outside to show me how many servings I have. They stack when not in use.

Square and rectangular containers give you more storage space than round containers because of how they fit side by side. A round container will take up as much space, but will give you less storage because there is unused space around them. You can increase the storage capacity of your refrigerator by using rectangular or square storage containers. I prefer to use clear, square containers for food storage because it saves me space and time.