Friday, June 22, 2012

Commit Your Way Unto The Lord

     Brandon, 2011 homeschool graduate, is so far ahead of his peers in his college classes they have pulled him out of the classes & put him to work in real world settings for the school. He still gets attendance & 4.0 credit for the classes. His instructors love his work ethic & his ability to self teach. I am very proud of him! When he tells me college is a "piece of cake" compared to my homeschool lessons, I respond "College is a "piece of cake" BECAUSE of my homeschool lessons." :-)

      His instructor just obtained a part time job and has asked if Brandon can work there part time too. The job is a starter position at $16 per hour. It will look very good on his resume and will move him along in his chosen career. The only downside is that I will not get to see him for half a day each week day, but he will be home more on the weekends.

     Amanda is doing great in her cosmetology college. In less than two months, she has already completed 1/3 of her required manicures, pedicures, and hair cuts. Having a large family is a blessing to her in her course, because she has plenty of people to ask to come in to help her meet her requirements. In fact, she plans to loan some of us out to other students so we can help them meet theirs. Amanda has done so well, her instructor let her cut and color her hair. She did such a great job of it, the instructor gave her a $5 tip! She is also ahead in filling out her workbooks which is required for graduation and certification.

     I am very thankful for Brandon's and Amanda's successes. Each of my pregnancies had me on bedrest for 6-8 months, so I often worried about how I'd manage to teach them well. Being the oldest, Brandon's and Amanda's education suffered the most, but they are 4.0 students and well liked by their instructors. I can clearly see where God multiplied my efforts.

     I'd often grow very frustrated with my limitations. I'd pray, "Lord, You have given me these children and led me to homeschool, so I am trusting you to work this out." I learned so much about herbs, compassion, accepting help, etc through the difficult pregnancies; I know there was a purpose for all of it.

Psalm 37:5 Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.