Sunday, June 03, 2012

A Lady I Met at Luray

alady 

When I am with my children, people are always coming to talk to me. I enjoy it because I meet some interesting people and hear some wonderful stories! While we were standing in line for the cavern tour, an older lady saw the five children I had with me and complimented me on their behavior. As the conversation went along, I explained that I had two more children at home, homeschool(ed) all of them, and "love every single minute of it!"

She told me she was one of seven siblings and enjoyed her childhood very much because of it. She told me how very close her family was because they had to rely on each other so much, but that closeness spilled over into adulthood. She shared how their relationships never fractured and how thankful she was for that. Then, her eyes misted. "I miss them so much." She started crying a little and told me it was only her and one sister left. The rest have passed away, and her heart ached for them.

I drew a lot of encouragement from her story. That is what I want for my children...a lifetime of loving each other and cherishing the moments they can get together.

Deuteronomy 26:11 And thou shalt rejoice in every good thing which the Lord thy God hath given unto thee, and unto thine house, thou, and the Levite, and the stranger that is among you.