Wednesday, September 26, 2012

This Mama Wears Hiking Boots ..and Holds On to Trees

Photobucket

Clint bought me hiking boots while we were in the mountains. I love hiking, but the trails in our area are fairly easy to hike. The worst trails near our home are easily tackled wearing tennis shoes. Hiking boots are necessary for steep, rocky mountain trails though.

In the house, I go barefoot. When I work in the yard, I wear flip flops in the summer and tennis shoes in the winter unless it is really dirty work and then I put on waders (muck boots). I even weed eat in flip flops! I am use to my feet being cool and light.

It took some "getting use to" wearing those heavy, bulky boots! I was clinging to everything I could as I navigated a very steep trail. Clint kept after me "You aren't trusting your shoes. Trust your shoes, Wendy!" So, I tried to heed his advice. I made myself relax. I tried to walk with more confidence in my shoes, and...

I nearly fell off the steep side of the mountain! A tree saved me! 

I can't wait to go hiking in the mountains again, but I don't think I am going to trust the shoes as much as what I can grip ahold of with my hands!

Photobucket

Psalms 97:5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the LORD, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.