Monday, October 22, 2012

I Am Blessed

Photobucket

They stopped in the middle of their explorations and lined up to bring me flowers just because they love me.

I was so beat down as a child that by time I was 15, I had given up hope on finding love. I was told I was ugly: "Your teeth look like Bugs Bunny! Your legs are too skinny, and butt too fat! Your eyes are too big! Your hair is too stringy! Why can't you stand up straighter?!" It was almost daily I was shown in some way or another that I didn't measure up. I took those things to heart and believed no one would ever, could ever love me. Broken, I cried out to God, and He heard me. I stand in amazement of what He has done!

Psalm 34:18 The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.