Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Parenting Stress

Photobucket
A week later, you can still see the toll the wreck took on Clint's face especially around his eyes.
Compare his face with a picture from a relaxed and happy time here.

When Clint got to the accident scene, I saw him making his way to me and was shocked. I could clearly see the toll the delay in getting to his child had taken! As soon as I saw his face, I felt awful I had not been able to offer him more assurance during his drive. I apologized to him for it last night. He understood my plate was overflowing in the moments after Amanda's accident, and told me he felt I did "an excellent job." I know how much I struggled inwardly, so I don't feel the same, but appreciate his compliment. 

The reality is: As hard as I try, I can't always be there for everyone in my family. Sometimes the job is too big, and I am too small. I am thankful to the Lord for being there for Clint and my children no matter how great or small the need. 

Genesis 31:49 And Mizpah; for he said, The LORD watch between me and thee, when we are absent one from another.

Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.

Hebrews 13:5b Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.