Friday, December 21, 2012

Herb and Onion Rolls

One of the things I love the most about the holiday baking season is the King Authur Flour catalog and the wonderful products and recipes it contains.

This year, for Thanksgiving, I made their Herb and Onion Rolls. Instead of the Herbs de Provence, I used an Italian blend of herbs.


  • 3 cups all-purpose Flour
  • 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 2 ½ teaspoons instant yeast
  • 2 tablespoons minced dried onion
  • 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 cup lukewarm potato cooking water
  • Click the link to the recipe above for instructions.
Photobucket

I made 8, yep EIGHT!, batches of these rolls by hand.
I already have a request for more for Christmas.
I never got a picture of the finished rolls because they ate them too quickly!