Friday, December 07, 2012

Our Twins

We lost twins last March. There was so much going on in another area of our lives that we did not get to mourn properly or make a decision on names. We finally found fitting names though:


Abigail Lora "I have joy in my sorrow."


Benjamin Samuel "The Lord has heard my sorrow."

We have joy knowing our love created life. We have sorrow knowing we will never know those children on this earth. God knows our sorrow and is in control. If we truly believe those promises, we do not live in a state of mourning. Grief does not reign in our hearts when we keep our minds set on what is true, right, pure, and noble. There is great joy in knowing He fulfills His promises! 

Psalm 56:8 Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?

John 16:22 And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.

2 Samuel 12:23 But now that he is dead, why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me.

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

2 Corinthians 7:4b I am greatly encouraged; in all our troubles my joy knows no bounds. 

Galations 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

This post was scheduled to be published many months ago. That it occurred on the same day as the obituary for my friend's son is solely God's timing. The words about fixing our minds on what is true, right, pure and noble are exactly what my friend and I discussed. She told me how she was self disciplining against negative thoughts and keeping her focus on the Lord to see her through this very challenging period of her life.