Tuesday, May 21, 2013

He Wants All of You

"What does it mean to have a heavy heart? It means you are allowing your heart and all of those emotions that want to attack you from all sides to get the best of you and your faith in God. God wants to take a heavy heart and turn it into a light-hearted heart that does not have a care in the world. Wouldn't it be nice to not have a care...to simply say I do not care and trust God when things are not going as planned? I am encountering one of those heavy hearts right now and it's really a struggle to give it over to God and let Him take care of the results. Your faith walk with God is the hardest things any human being will ever experience because God requires you to take all of your burdens and place it on Him even when they are tied up on your back and weighing you down like a sack of rocks. God is either a big God and in total control or He is a weak God and totally disinterested. I choose a big God! How bout you?" -Jon Cash

"Give me all of you!!! I don’t want so much of your time, so much of your talents and money, and so much of your work. I want YOU!!! ALL OF YOU!! I have not come to torment or frustrate the natural man or woman, but to KILL IT! No half measures will do. I don’t want to only prune a branch here and a branch there; rather I want the whole tree out! Hand it over to me, the whole outfit, all of your desires, all of your wants and wishes and dreams. Turn them ALL over to me, give yourself to me and I will make of you a new self---in my image. Give me yourself and in exchange I will give you Myself. My will, shall become your will. My heart, shall become your heart." -C.S. Lewis


"Whomever the Lord has adopted and deemed worthy of His fellowship ought to prepare themselves for a hard, toilsome, and unquiet life, crammed with very many and various kinds of evil." -John Calvin