Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Christian Homeschooling Tip: Hiding the Word

 photo biblebooklets_zps70bd8fd3.jpg

 photo c_zpse1f5b1c9.jpg

One of the most important things that we do with our children is teach them about our faith. God tells us we are to hide His Word in our hearts. We like to make Bible verse memorization fun and rewarding. Every year, I make up booklets with printed out verses. Then we challenge our children to learn and earn a later bedtime.

The reason we make them bring their Bible and the booklet is because we want them to see the verse in their Bible, and we get them to mark beside it the date they successfully learned it. As I can tell you from my own personal experience, these notes in their Bible will become very precious to them in their adult years.

Psalm 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.