Saturday, July 06, 2013

Free Beginner Sewing Lesson Print Outs

I mentioned to my friend Susan S. that I was going to teach the little girls how to sew. She told me she learned to sew when she was little by sitting by her mother and operating the machine by hand (unplugged, spinning the balance wheel while punching holes in paper. I thought that was a great idea for my youngest girls. When I was looking online for beginner sewing lessons for my middle children, I found printable sewing lessons incorporating the same idea. I also included a printable chart of sewing machine parts

Sewing Maze by Skip to My Lou


Sewing Practice Sheets from Education On Your Own teaches straight lines, oval, and corners


Sewing Machine Parts Diagram from Clothing Repair How To




 photo amandainmirror2_zps53205922.jpg
Amanda has been sewing since she was 8. She just recently made herself a summer dress.



 photo bethanysewing_zps41ea9e0e.jpg
Bethany started sewing a few years ago.
She has made pillows, stuffed animals, purses, doll clothes, etc.