Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Thank the Lord, It Doesn't Say He Got it Perfect!!

In all that he did in the service of the Temple of God and in his efforts to follow God's laws and commands, Hezekiah sought his God wholeheartedly. As a result, he was very successful.  – 2 Chronicles 31:21

I get discouraged sometimes by my own shortcomings and willfulness to sin. No matter how hard I try, sometimes my desire to do it my way wins over doing it God's way. It's a struggle all of us have. No one lives a perfect life. I love this verse because it says Hezekiah really tried to do it right, but it doesn't say he got it ALL right. Thank the Lord for that! I don't think I'd be very encouraged to keep trying if God required something I couldn't give. God blessed Hezekiah for his wholehearted effort and made him "very successful." That's encouragement to keep trying my best.

I am going to keep trying to 

be a follower of Christ
be a godly wife
be a good mother
be a godly relative and friend
make my house a home and a haven 
homeschool 
run our farm and kennel
and all of the other many hats I wear

to the best of my ability because I know God will bless my efforts.