Saturday, September 28, 2013

Today Was Isaac's Due Date

Thank You, Lord, for ALL of my children. Thank You for Brandon, Amanda, Joshua, Caleb, Bethany, Emily, and Hannah. Thank You also for Sarah, Rebecca, Josiah, Angel Noel, Abigail, Benjamin, Mary, and Isaac. How much joy it gives me to speak their names out loud to You!

When I had my first miscarriage, an older woman told me, "Your story shows that just because you trust the Lord with your reproductive life, it doesn't mean you will have a dozen children. God gives each of us a unique story and just the right family size if we trust Him enough to surrender that control." How often I have thought about those seemingly prophetic words! 

Thank You for the healing and perspective You have already provided. Thank You for those amazing moments when You drew close and comforted me by letting me feel Your Presence. Grief still sneaks up on me, Lord. Please continue to heal my heart with Your Love. Help me to keep my eyes on You. Please enable me to reach out to other mothers who have lost babies and give me words from You that will help them where they are. Let them see how very much You love them.

You are writing a story, YOUR STORY, through my life. Thank you for expanding my ministry this summer through the loss of Mary and Isaac. Their short lives did not fulfill the purpose I had hoped, but they are fulfilling the purpose You chose for them. I know it is better than anything I could have planned for them. Your ways are always good and righteous. I know Your love is perfect and endless, and there is no condemnation to those who believe and trust in You. 

Let my story reflect Your love to everyone who hears it. Let it speak to their hearts and draw them closer to You. Like the talents the master entrusted to his servants, this story of reproductive struggles, challenges, triumphs, and losses is entrusted to me. Please help me to use it in a way that is pleasing and acceptable to You. In Jesus' Name, Amen

To those who love and are concerned about us: Clint has someone sitting our home because he has taken our entire family away to play on the beautiful Rappahannock River. The timing is how God worked it out because we had hoped the paperwork on the house would be finished sooner. We will be together as a family, and there will be a lot of activity. God's timing is always perfect! While we are missing what could have been, we will be thankful for what is, and will be looking forward to what will be. We trust Him that this profound hurt of losing our babies will reap something good and beautiful because that is what He promises His children.

Romans 12:1 I therefore urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercies, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices that are holy and pleasing to God, for this is the reasonable way for you to worship.

Psalm 30:11 You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. Lord my God, I will praise you forever.

Trying to do the Lord's work in your own strength is the most confusing, exhausting, and tedious of all work. But when you are filled with the Holy Spirit, then the ministry of Jesus just flows out of you. Corrie Ten Boom

 photo 3_zps98e65cce.jpg