Thursday, November 28, 2013

Forget Me, Notice Him

I turned 45 today. More than ever, I want people to see Christ reflected in me and how I treat others. I want them to see Him in how I live. I don't care if they know my name. If they sense something different about me and look a little deeper to discover Jesus, I have done well. If they get to know Christ better because of me, I have served my purpose. 

If you see any good in me at all, it is because of Christ's work in my life. If you see my many failings, and I am sure you do, it is because of my sinfulness. 

More Like the Master
Charles Hutchinson Gabriel

More like the Master I would ever be, 

More of His meekness, more humility; 
More zeal to labor, more courage to be true, 
More consecration for work He bids me do.

More like the Master is my daily prayer; 
More strength to carry crosses I must bear; 
More earnest effort to bring His kingdom in; 
More of His Spirit, the wanderer to win.
More like the Master I would live and grow; 
More of His love to others I would show; 
More self-denial, like His in Galilee, 
More like the Master I long to ever be.



He must increase, but I must decrease. John the Baptist

It is a sad state indeed when we are more grieved by the afternoon traffic than by our own sin against the God of the universe. Anonymous

Give me the love that leads the way, the faith that nothing can dismay. The hope no disappointments tire, the passion that will burn like fire. Let me not sink to be a clod: make me Thy fuel, Flame of God. Amy Carmichael