Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Wise Advice for Young Mothers

I have been blessed to have had my life touched by Nancy Campbell's writings for many years now. I am thankful to her gentle contributions to making me the mother I am today. I read this in my Facebook newsfeed* in late October and wanted others to know about her ministry to mothers, so I shared it here:

BEYOND MY IMAGINATIONS

Here's a lovely quote by Marianne Neifert, which an Above Rubies reader sent to me. She read it in the Reader's Digest. I'm sure you will identify with these same feelings...... 

"If I hadn't had children, I probably would have had more money and material things. I probably would have gone more places, gotten more sleep, pampered myself more. My life would have been much more boring and predictable. As a result of being a parent, I have laughed harder, cried more often. I have worried more and hurried more. I've had less sleep, but somehow I've had more fun. I've learned more, grown more. My heart has ached harder, and I've loved to a capacity beyond my imagination. I've given more of myself, but I've derived more meaning from life." 

Isn't it true? We experience the delirious joys of motherhood and also the aches and pains of motherhood, but our lives are richer for them all. Oh how much we would have missed out on, if we hadn't had each child that God has given us.

Dear young mothers, forget sighing and grumbling about all your frustrations. These precious days with your little ones will go too quickly. My oldest son will soon be 50 years, and it still seems like one blink of my eye since the day he was born. As I look back on raising our children, Do I regret that I didn't get involved in more activities outside the home or further my career? Oh no. I regret every moment I didn't spend with them. I never felt I had enough time to pour into them all I wanted to before they were gone and flown the nest.

Treasure every moment with the children God has given you, today.

Love from Nancy Campbel


Above Rubies

Above Rubies on Facebook




*send me a note telling me who you are if you add me