Friday, February 14, 2014

He's My Forever Date

 photo ruggedlyhandsome_zps115c2042.jpg

Clint,

You are the only one who has ever made my heart beat faster. 
I am thankful we saved ourselves for each other because you are the only one who has ever held my heart.

Happy Valentine's Day!

I love you...

 photo a_zps45f5d287.jpg

even when you do this...

 photo b_zpsf09a048b.jpg

and this...

 photo c_zps06f788c1.jpg

..and, uh :-), even when you look like this,

but especially when you look like this...


 photo f_zps03cafdda.jpg

You had a horrible example. I know from his friends back then that your father loved his family very much. He was a broken man whose deep hurt came out in destructive ways that hurt, damaged, and failed all of you. You didn't use it as an excuse to forfeit your self-control or hurt others. More importantly, you didn't let that keep you from being a good example to YOUR wife and children! You became thoughtful and deliberate in your choices even when others didn't understand. You learned what to do and acted on it because you wanted us to have better. Instead of becoming bitter, you have loved your God enough to act in obedience to His command to love and forgive your father and by making the conscious choice to remember the good parts. Your efforts have paid off!! Your favorite place to be is in the midst of the family you built, and their favorite place to be is with you! There is joy, peace, and deep love in our home. I am thankful for you and the choices you have made! Where many have failed, you have excelled!

I will spend all my days loving you and helping you in any way I can.

 photo headoverhealsforthisoneman_zps684994fb.jpg

Thank you for being such a godly mate. You are such a fun, loving, and adventurous person to know! I love you, my precious forever date!*

*"Forever Date" is the title of a sweet short story based on actual events. I think the term is wonderful way for married couples to think about each other.