Thursday, May 08, 2014

Sometimes I Think He Texts Me Just to Hear It

My phone is a "dumb phone" which is the opposite of a smart phone and is what we call the simple phone I carry. My economical phone does have a neat feature though. I can program it to speak a person's name when a phone call or text message comes.

About a year and a half ago, to flirt with my husband, I programmed his number to say "Call/Text from: A Very Handsome Man." (I wanted to use an "A" first to keep his name at the top of the numbers list.) 


Oh yeah, he LOVED it then and still loves it now! It put some extra fun in our marriage! Better still, hearing it several times a day has reminded and reinforced in me what an incredibly handsome man I have married and how special he is to me. Clint has friends who have told him they wished they had someone who loved them the way I love Clint. How do you think that made Clint feel? The first time it happened, he came home and hugged me tight and laid a big kiss on me! 

Your husband is special ladies. Out of all of the men on the face of this earth, you married him and took his name as yours. Treat him as a special person, and remind yourself daily what a blessing having him as a husband is. Guard your heart against anger and bitterness. Use helpful, not hurtful, words and actions to build your relationships. 

Proverbs 14:1 The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.

Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

By the way, he frequently pays me back:

 photo b_zps0072e53e.jpg

 photo a_zpsadde3110.jpg