Friday, August 01, 2014

Around Here August 2014

Things have been hopping on the farm. We have enjoyed meeting and making new friends this past month. I love selling plants, produce, eggs, livestock, and more from our little hobby farm. It allows me to contribute a little to our income, use my God given gifts and talents, and remain the stay at home mother God has called me to be.

There's not that much new to report...

 photo 2_zpsa4183dec.jpg

During spring, Clint and I try to take family trips with the children. It keeps us on the move. Once the temperatures start getting steamy, no one wants to go as much. So every July, Clint and I try to take a weekend as a couple. We enjoyed our time alone on the "rivah" to recharge and are looking forward to our 26th anniversary later this month. 

Thank you, Donald of Williamsburg for the nice and thoughtful compliment regarding Brandon. We enjoyed hearing that.

Amanda received a raise and is doing very well as head assistant manager.

 photo 1a_zpsfe33bb8e.jpg

Homeschool is going well for the youngest five. Joshua had to take a big test for his high school course. Evidently it had been overlooked by the staff when we enrolled him. If he did not do well enough, they would have not allowed him to do the course. It seemed silly since he has taken and passed several courses with top grades. He earned a perfect score! He is handling the course work very well. He also has a special friend named Ann.


 photo 1_zps85a811da.jpg

Emily enjoyed her birthday.  She loves her new Holland Lop bunny, Rosey! (Thanks Rich! Em loves her!) Rosey did not fare well in our large colony rabbit pen. One of the other rabbits attacked her and injured her ear, so sweet and gentle Rosey now has her own space. 

 photo tummytrouble_zps4d33e4ee.jpg
If she kept her knees up, the pain was tolerable. 
If she put them down, she was really hurting.
The doctors thought it was appendicitis or a blockage.
It went away on its own.

Hannah has not had any more agonizing tummy pain. Thank you to everyone who communicated their concern and offered to help. Love in action is what Christ exampled! We love our considerate family and friends!



Romans 12:10 Love one another with brotherly affection. Out do one another in showing honor.


John 15:12-15 This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.