Saturday, September 20, 2014

A Beautiful and Thoughtful Way to Minister During Pregnancy/Infant Loss

Oh, how my arms ached. I wish I had had something like this with my eight losses. After Isaac, when I finally had a chance to be alone, I curled up with a special doll and cried and cried to let some of the pain out. The weighted hearts are a very touching way to minister to mothers who have had losses. I know I would have loved having one. You don't have to go through the charity. You can make something of your own and give to parents who are grieving.
"Fox-Tierney also brought a heavy bag in which she had packed a stuffed heart. The heart, she explained, weighed roughly 9 pounds -- Corbin's birth weight -- and had been sewn by a mom who also had a late-term stillbirth and who had been given a stuffed heart early in her grieving process." Read more