Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Article: When the Barista Asked What My Son with Special Needs Has

I have friends with children of medically complicated children who don't fit into any one box. The diagnosis is as complex as their needs are. The parents of these children are often the sweetest, genuine people you will ever meet, because they have walked down a difficult road and learned many of life's lessons quickly. I treasure the special needs children and their parents in my life. Here is the mom of Caden, a special needs child, and the voice she gave him. I haven't met either, but I would certainly enjoy talking to her and Caden. 

"After I listed a bunch of medical terms I’m sure she didn’t understand, I thanked her for asking me. I appreciated the fact that she wanted to know what was wrong with my son. All too often people avoid the topic of Caden or just look at me with those “I feel sorry for you” eyes, or they possibly even turn away." Read more: When the Barista Asked What My Son with Special Needs Has