Monday, December 22, 2014

Happy Birthday, Hannah!

Hannah, you are six today!!!! Thank you so much for blessing our family with your sweet face and precious smile. We love you from your cowgirl boots to your princess tiara! You are as rounded as your sisters with your tea parties to tree climbing! I am so glad we had you! I am so thankful you are a part of our family!

This year, you discovered chickens! You were intrigued when the chicks arrived in the mail. Once they were outside on the ground, you appointed yourself their guardian and friend. I love watching you talk to them and carry them around. I think they love you as much as you love them!

I love watching you when you don't know I am looking. You are always smiling. I enjoy seeing you climb the fence to love on Hot Shot, our pony. Your My Little Pony collection is currently your favorite toy. 

There is so much for you to learn, and do, and see as you grow in this big world God made our home. I hope you always look to the Lord as you take each step. No matter where you are, He will be there with you loving and protecting you.

The Bible says children are a reward. You definitely make Daddy and I feel rewarded every day. There is nothing sweeter to us than our children's hugs and you give those out liberally. Every day with you is a day of joy, joy, joy!

When we asked you what you wanted for your birthday this year, you said "a chicken!" Daddy and I put our heads together to see how we could make that work. We and a few of your siblings worked very hard on your special birthday present! We hope you like it! 


Happy Birthday, Sweetheart! Second only to Jesus' arrival in the world, you are the best Christmas present your Daddy and I ever received!


Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.