Saturday, December 20, 2014

Is It Death without Dignity or Is It Humility to Submit?

Tricia died last night.

I did not know Tricia Baines personally. I did know of her through many hometown friends of mine who were related and also through mutual friends we shared. Her loved ones were frequently asking for intercession for Tricia. Because of that, I got to know her from afar over the last couple of years. I feel a loss and am sad over the death of a woman I have never met but somehow reached into my life and gave to me too.

Dignity is defined as "a sense of pride in oneself; self-respect." A sense of pride can be a good and healthy thing if it aligns with how God wants us to see ourselves. But, as Christians, our pride should never tell us we know better than the Most High.

Tricia's sister, Tammy, wrote an article which is asking to the reader look beyond the lack of dignity to see a stunning soul who was humble enough to submit to the authority of the Lord and endure. She encourages you to put on eternal lenses and take another look at a controversial subject.

"A death without dignity allows others to share God's love. It brings light into a dark world, and invites God to lean in close to those who are hurting to feel His presence. read the rest here: The Right to Life

My sincerest condolences to all of Tricia's loved ones. I am praying for you.