Monday, March 09, 2015

Clint's and My Nine

 photo 8times_missing8_zpsa43f7054.jpg

I use to walk onto the deck and ring the bell eight times. 

Now, I will ring it nine.

We named him Jonathan "gift from God" David "beloved" because even knowing he could not stay we considered him a gift and loved him very much. We will know him but not right now.

"There is less than 1% chance" of natural conception at 46." I feel dumb admitting this, but I missed all of the pregnancy symptoms due to that one statement. "Improbable, unlikely, not unheard of but very rare, unexpected, etc" were other words we heard. 

God sent Jonathan to my womb despite the odds. There is a reason and a purpose for that. Every day since Jonathan was made known to us, we have given thanks to the Lord for His gift and future promises. 

While we anticipated a longer wait, God was merciful and let the physical part start sooner than it has in the past. On March 5th, we said goodbye. We are looking forward to the day we say "Hello."

Philippians 1:6 For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Matthew 18:10 See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.


I Corinthians 2:9 But, as it is written, What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him