Sunday, March 08, 2015

His Favor is Worth Having

A relative often said I was one of the "luckiest" people they knew and always seem to have things go in my favor. I am not lucky. I am a follower of Christ and a student of Scripture. Although flawed, I do try to live for Him. I have tried to take each area of my life and ask Him, "What do you want from me in this area? Please give me wisdom and show me what to do." I have acted upon what is in His Word and how I feel Him directing me. I am not perfect, far from it, but He doesn't require my perfection. He has rewarded me for my heart: sincerity and effort. What you see isn't luck for there is no such thing. It's His blessing!

Proverbs 28:20 

A faithful man will abound with blessings, but whoever hastens to be rich will not go unpunished.

Psalms 5:11-12 
But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. Surely, Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.