Monday, September 07, 2015

Celebrating and Missing Amy

Last year on this day, Clint's cousin and my friend, Amy, died. She had always battled respiratory health which led eventually led to COPD. She died at just 51 years old. 

These are some of the memories and quotes I saved of Amy's to put in the genealogy file for our chlldren:

 "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 The verse Amy picked out for her Celebration of LIfe.

"I am me....I am good and God don't make no junk." -Amy's view of her health struggles

"My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness." Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness." -Amy 

"When I get home, the first thing that beeps at me will die a slow, painful death. I have a baseball bat and I know how to use the thing." -Amy looking forward to going home from the hospital

"Everybody lived through the night primarily because I was finally allowed a full shower. I pretty much told the RN I was taking one with or without their permission and assistance. I am 51 years old, awake and alert...I get to choose!" -Amy 

"Sometimes, even in your 50s, you just want your momma to make things feel better." -Amy 

"I may lead a protest if I find anymore zucchini floating in the the soup. It's like the Brussels sprouts CE used to put in soup...not a pleasant surprise." Amy on hospital food

"I STILL WANT MY MOM!" -Amy

I miss you, sweet lady! I'll see you again.