Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Where Food Comes From

Recently, I was buying ever-bearing strawberries from a department store. Green berries of all sizes were hanging off the plants. The cashier asked me what they were. I was surprised by the question. She was so delighted by those little green berries! She had never seen strawberries growing before! I was reminded how many people have never had the opportunity to see where their food originates. Her genuine enthusiasm made me smile.This isn't stupidity as some people like to call it. It's a lack of knowledge due to lack of opportunity. I am very thankful for my rural upbringing and all of the simple things I often take for granted. 

Don't be puffed up by your knowledge. Understand we have not all had the same opportunities in life. Be thankful for your experiences, and continue learning!