Wednesday, May 17, 2017

A Jungle in the Explorer

 photo mothersday_zps4bt830n1.jpg 

This is how you ride when you stuff two large peach trees in a Ford Explorer that already has a large tool box in the back. Amanda took me shopping and bought me the trees for Mother's Day. Brandon bought me two large apple trees and a peach tree. I ask for fruit trees for my Mother's Day every year with the hope the trees will produce fruit that will bless my children's future families. 

My grandmother grew a large garden and always sent home food, a hug, and a request to visit again with anyone who visited. I look back and see how she had a wonderful, practical ministry to others right in her own home. She started with her own family and worked her way to be a blessing to both friends and strangers. This is what I hope to do from the little spot of earth God has bestowed to us.