Sunday, July 02, 2017

Priorities and Legitimate Christianity

The most important side of my life is the one where I bear my most cherished titles – husband and father. There is nothing in this world that means more to me than the fact that I am Bridget’s husband and Asher, Jasmine, Trey, and Elijah’s father. Whenever I say that, I can almost hear people thinking, “Shouldn’t your relationship with Christ mean more to you than your family life?” I guess in an ultimate sense that is the case. However, my family is the primary place where my walk with Christ takes on flesh. It is one thing for me to have a personal relationship with Jesus. However, if I spend hours reading the Bible and praying and invest the lion’ share of my time ministering to others while neglecting my role as husband and father, my relationship with Christ is out of balance or, worse, inauthentic. It is my relationship with my wife and children that gives my walk with Christ legitimacy. -Voddie Baucham