Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Chicken Curry Soup: AKA Bethany's Favorite

Several asked so I figured I'd put it here. "It's on the blog." is much quicker than me finding it again and copy and pasting. 

Remember, I make mine in a HUGE US NAVY stainless steel pot I snatched up in a thrift store for $10. I was in the store a long time with family, and it became heavy, but I didn't put it down. Nope. I knew it's worth in my kitchen. I felt like I had been mining for gold and come up with a fist sized nugget! In the next store, I found an thick, extra long, stainless steel ladle that fit it! I was grinning from ear to ear. God loves Wendy and sends her good gifts to care for her family! 

I make around 35+ quarts at a time, but some is eaten right away. The rest goes into pint jars. 

I don't measure. I go by how it tastes and the ratio of meat to veggies and broth. My recipe will change with what ingredients I have. 

I use chopped onions, celery, potatoes, carrots, chicken, my homemade chicken stock, and salt, pepper, my own mix of curry powder, extra turmeric, and garlic to taste. 

Everyone in my family loves it and asks me to make it, but Bethany is the one who won't let me forget about it. 

Turmeric has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and anti-viral properties making it a good choice for cold and flu season. 

Adding pepper helps the body take up more of the medicinal properties.