Wednesday, May 09, 2018

A Better Look at the Cooking Set Up

heatingwater

heatingwater2

I was asked for a better picture of the set up I am using for outdoor cooking at a place we have that currently does not have power. In the top image, you can see how the bricks are placed on the wood stove I am using to make it easier on my back. 

The pieces of wood you see on and in between the bricks are in the process of drying out from the heat of the fire after a rain we had. This helps them catch fire quicker and helps eliminate some of the smoke the moisture creates. Bath water is heating in the picture.

I pass a stick through the bricks to poke holes in the ash to help the flow of oxygen. This helps it burn better. 

I am very pleased with my set up. I have made a big pots of soup, rice meals, eggs, toast, pancakes, sausage, ham, etc. It works better for me than any other set up I have used in over 40 years of camping.