Friday, July 27, 2018

Year Around Christmas Shopping Makes My Life Easier

Because I like to keep my Christmas a peaceful time of reflection, I shop year around for Christmas presents. I look for sales and clearance items on things I know my family will enjoy. I tend to buy mainly practical items. I like shopping online because it lets me research products and compare prices, but sometimes you can beat those deals in the store. 

As I talk with or visit people on my gift giving list, I send myself a note about things they need or would like. For example, I know three people on my list need small fire safes, so that is what I am looking for at the moment. I make notes about what interests they have, like I have a family member who loves whales, so if I find something like a sturdy wall hook in that area on clearance, I will know it will be used and appreciated. In July, I start looking for great deals on those more targeted gifts.

This practice saves me quite a bit of money and time. The cost is spread out over the entire year which is easier to manage. It also keeps me out of the crowds and away from illnesses during peak cold and flu season. I also get to slow down and enjoy my Christmas and do the things that matter to me.