Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Amanda's Talk with God..and what happened next

I have her permission to share this.

Amanda's driving time is when she does a lot of talking with the Lord. She was praying as she drove to have new tires put on her truck.

She told God, "I have a great family. You gave me a nice car. You gave me a house. You just gave me a promotion and a great raise. I am thankful for all of these things. It would be nice to have someone to share this wonderful life with, but I am not going to go looking for it. I will wait on you to bring it to me."

She paid for her tires and looked around the store for a while. Then she went outside and sat on a bench while waiting for her tires to get finished.

A young man sat down beside her, started talking to her, asked for her phone number, and said he'd like to take her out. She told him she was not into the world's type of dating but was open to having a friend and would see where things went from there. He agreed and stated he was a Christian also. They shared part of their stories while she waited. He told her he's always wanted to be a part of a large family.

He took her to church, and they've been texting daily. Clint met him very briefly and said he seems like a nice young man.

Amanda said she doesn't know if he is the one, but she KNOWS from this young man walking into her life when he did that God heard her prayer and has affirmed that waiting on Him is the right direction to pursue.

It reminded me of when a few decades ago, a hurting teen prayed for someone to love her..and God sent Clint the next day.