Saturday, September 29, 2018

More Good News

So much has changed in our family this year, but it's all been very good! I'm trying to do quick updates to the blog so I get it done and don't forget the details. I am staying so busy and often not at home. This blog serves to not only update our friends, but it is saved to a hard drive for our family history.

One of Caleb's bosses discussed another offer with him yesterday. I can't share about it yet, but if he gets it, it will be $20 an hour, look great on a resume, comes with potential for a promotion in an existing job, and more. He's handling the two jobs and college just fine right now. I'm missing him, but he's hustling and getting his future going. Not too bad for a young man who just turned 17!

Joshua was approached at three weeks into his current job about a manager position. He stood out that much that early! Yay, Joshua!!! He starts training for that position in November if all goes well. Caleb was approached at four weeks into one of his jobs about a position in management. Yay, Caleb!!! These boys are excelling! Caleb said he was interested. We are waiting on more details and seeing what will happen with the other offer he's received. 

I refer people who text and email to the blog because it gives them the details I might forget and saves me a lot of time. I haven't had much time for the computer or phone due to the changes here (less help with the farm and household), resuming homeschool, a very large project we are working on in another city, trying to learn a new skill, and my seeking an education on three different subjects. 

I've been reminded a lot lately of Proverbs 16:9. It's certainly proven true in our lives. We thought we were headed one way, but God dropped a lifelong dream of mine (well, since I was a teen and saw my parents do it) and a decades old dream of ours as a married couple into our laps. Suddenly, our direction has been changed without effort or extensive planning. There's effort now, but the way it happened was literally effortless. God is good! 

Team Asbell is heading to Amanda's this evening to do a small roof repair on her laundry room. There will be smack talking, laughing, and having fun! Then Clint and I hope to have a quiet and relaxing evening at home alone. 



1

tirelessservantofGod