Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Just a Little Thing

poodle

poodle2
I'm rocking my poodle because poodles don't keep.

A couple of weeks ago, a friend lost her baby to stillbirth. I reached out to her to comfort and encourage her broken heart. Sharing my story helped her know she was not alone, and that she will survive the horrible pain of losing her baby. 

After that, I had a time of contemplation regarding life's dance: the ups and downs, the joys and sorrows, and the triumphs and struggles. As I was lost in thought, Maggie, who has never liked the motion of the rocker, came to me. I picked her up and sat still with her for a while, but as my thoughts took over, I started rocking again. Instead of getting down, she fell asleep in my arms. As I held her warm, sleeping body, I remembered the blessings of rocking the babies God allowed me to keep. 

Ever since that day, she's come to me to be rocked. She is three pounds and not much bigger than Clint's work boot. She stands with her back legs on the couch and puts her two front legs on the arm of my rocker and stares at me until I put away my work and let her move over. Then she settles, and I start rocking her while she goes limp and dozes. I use those moments to pray for the children I have and to give thanks for all sixteen He made known to me. I don't know why Maggie changed her opinion of the rocker, but I've enjoyed it so much!