Saturday, December 01, 2018

Inexpensive Gift and Stocking Stuffer Idea

christmascheer 

Below are 2017 prices. 

I buy the 600 count starlight peppermints from Sams Club for $7.98 and two of the Tootsie Roll Midgees 400 count for $5.47* each. I mix these together in a large bowl and fill party favor bags with 2-3 cups of the mixed candy depending on what purpose I have for them. I use these to fill our family's "Wise Men Bags" and also as gifts for co-workers, acquaintances, etc. This is a very inexpensive way to to share some Christmas cheer and let people know we value them. 

I filled 26 bags from the three bags of candy. The clear party favor bags cost me 3 cents each. I spent 78¢ on each bag. 

For the mail carrier, delivery people, and neighbors, I add a tin of cookies that I buy in a set of four from Sams for $10. 

*This year, the peppermints are the same price at Sams, but the Tootsie Roll Midgees are $14.97. The bag is now 700 count. At the 2017 price, the Tootsie Rolls were around .01 each. Now, they are around .02 each.