Monday, July 27, 2020

Hard day

So many friends have died or suffered severe attacks on their health lately. 

I still have friends on hospice.

I have "virtually sat" all day with a sweet friend who waited for what turned out o to be concerning results from her doctor. I am still "virtually sitting" with her as she waits for an interpretation of those results which were promised "in an hour" many hours ago.

My neighbor could not get a health care worker to come to his home today..."none available." He has food and drink, but he has other needs only they can do. I am his only outlet when things like this go wrong. Sometimes he takes his frustrations out on me. I understand he does it because he is at his limit, has few outlets for coping, and knows I will still be here standing as his friend.

A very dear family thought they were finally to a point where they could get some relief from a long and mighty struggle only to be met with strong opposition, dishonest tactics, manipulations, and more as evil people scheme to take that relief from this family. I am so angry I could spit nails over this one. She's had to change her name online to protect her family because the tactics are far reaching and down right dirty. The more money involved, the more people lie, hide the truth, and try to steal. It's even more sickening when they want to take from hurting people and children. Insurance = corruption.

A beautiful young lady who has a life threatening condition can't get the medical care she needs due to CoVid. They keep scheduling it only to set the date back further and further. It's been going on for months. She's passed out and has had to basically lay around most days since early 2020. Her procedure was set back even further today. She's so disappointed and concerned for her well being. 

A very pregnant young friend fell on her belly injuring her legs quite a bit. She was in the hospital all day while they tried to check out her baby. The baby is fine, and she was sent home to rest in bed for a few days while her legs heal.

I am the main or sole support person for a lot of people in my life. I try to give them more of my time and attention because of this. 

And, I held my daughter's tiny kitten in my hands as it died. There was nothing I could do to save it. I could only offer it compassion and comfort. 

Dear Reader, this world is often so harsh and cold, we forget the about the abundance of goodness and grace in our lives. Maybe you are feeling weary too? If so, I encourage you to turn off the many distractions and focus on God's promises and the Truth found right there in His Word. When we are focused on Him, we are better able to encourage others.