Monday, August 03, 2020

another good day in a very beautiful and abundantly blessed life!

The sweat has been dripping off of us like rain while we storm prep for the hurricane in this oppressive humidity. I've been looking at my corn which about a week or two from harvesting and thinking to myself it's "done for" due to the winds we're going to get.

Then, Clint's car broke down. I couldn't find one of the straps to our tow dolly. Frustrating moments.

I'm going to praise the Lord anyway!

I am healthy and able to work in the heat to prevent storm damage.

The corn will feed our poultry and rabbits if we don't get to enjoy it. I have more planted for fall harvesting, and we have plenty of food to eat without it.

I've been trying to get my hardworking husband to purchase himself a nicer vehicle for years now, but he likes to drive them until they are DONE. That car is done, so I get my way finally :-)!

And, I have the cash from farm sales to pay for his new used vehicle so we don't have to touch our savings account!

We have a tow dolly, so we don't have to pay a tow truck.

Brandon, Caleb, and Bethany took the suburban and tow dolly to Clint so I could continue storm prepping with Emily and Hannah. I love how our family pulls together!

Clint found a way to tie the car down with another strap to replace the missing one.

When you've been through some hard stuff like FEMA disasters, major fire losses, that endurance teaching hyperemesis gravidarum, and those awful, heart wrenching, life changing, faith defining nine stillbirths and miscarriages, it gives you perspective on what bad days really look like.

From my perspective, today is another good day in a very beautiful and abundantly blessed life!

Thank you, Lord!!

Update: 1:05 p.m.

Well, our tow dolly broke. With the car on it. I am still praising the Lord! 

The failure happened in a parking lot instead of on the I64. Caleb, Brandon, and Bethany were there to help Clint get the car off the dolly so a tow truck could come get it.

No accident was caused. 

No one was hurt. 

A tow truck arrived within five minutes of Clint calling. They should still be able to get home before the thunderstorm hits.

We had planned to go back with our trailer to get the tow dolly, but the tow truck driver said he could get it on the truck even with the car and would bring it home for us for free. (He feels bad we've had such a challenging day.)

God is good! He is so good, that I refuse to complain or let my mood slip over the craziness in this day. He is worth to be praised even when things are not going our way.