Thursday, October 29, 2020

Another Big Day!

Today is Bethany's first day on the job. She texted me at break and told me her first day is going fine. I asked for a selfie, and she looks a little tired. That is probably due to having to drastically change her schedule so she could get up at 5 this morning. She already knows and has a good relationship with a good portion of the managers and workers. Joshua is her trainer today. I know the banter must be entertaining and wish I could hear it. I am happy for my Bethany Boo, but I miss her too. 

Dear Reader, Good mothers pour themselves into their children. All they have goes into rearing and training (godliness). Somehow, we manage to scrape together a little more than our "all" and put that into them too. It's a job that takes us to our limits and stretches us as God's people. Mothering can't be described fully with words. It must be experienced to be understood. Motherhood done well is bittersweet because each thing you teach your child is a step further to their independence, but you do it lovingly and willingly because you want the best for them. Then they are gone and you only get fleeting glimpses of them. As it should be. We train children to be adults, not to stay children. Still, a mother's heart silently weeps a little at the transition. If you can, call your mom today. Your voice is precious music to her. It can turn a bad day into a good one. You have that kind of influence in your mother's life. If she is worth her salt, she'll be glad to hear from you. Love to all!