Friday, November 13, 2020

Advice to Someone Wanting to Learn Pressure Canning

The how-to's of gardening, livestock raising, child rearing, food preservation and more were not passed down to me, so I had to learn how to do everything on my own including pressure canning. I SAW some of those things being done and had to help with a few of them like weeding a garden, but the instructions of how, why, when were not shared. 

The info on the internet was sparse when I was a younger woman wanting to learn, so I bought Carla Emyr's book Encyclopedia of Country Living as a place to start. I still have it today. A lot of things, I learned through experimentation. I just tried and learned along the way. Now, it is so much easier to learn by asking others on the internet. 

Take the leap, Darlene! You will be surprised how very easy and safe pressure canning is! Once you master that, it will give you courage to gain new skills and try other things. Skills can never be taken from you and are so very worth the time it takes to learn them!